Powered by Blogger.
March 26, 2011
I encourage you to read my About Me page prior to reading any post on my blog.  I find it's important to know who is writing here, so that you can understand her point of view a bit more clearly.

I'm on a quest, my lovelies, to do some research at the public library.  I want to be able to present as many facets of femininity and feminism as I possibly can.  I find that the public library, as outdated as you might want to think it is, due to the internet, to still be a treasure trove of information and knowledge.  It's the only free education you can get past high school.  If you don't know where your local public library is, you can do a search for one right here.

You see, there are two main categories of femininity and masculinity: standard and philosophy.  The standard category are those things which as a whole human society, we've agreed are the definitive standards that outlines the basic precepts.  The philosophy category are the areas where human society hasn't been able to come to an agreement on.  This is where, as far as femininity goes, you really tread into the waters of feminism.  There was a huge storm of feminism that started around the mid 1800's here in the United States, and it has come in various waves.  As I learn more about this, I'll post about each wave in more depth.  It is my opinion, that what started out on the right foot, has severely veered off course.

At any rate, I just wanted you to know that I might not post for a while, but as I read, I may find something that sparks my fervor to say everything I'm wanting to say throughout the course of this blog.

That is all for now, my lovelies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Sophronia Nepthys
Sophronia Nepthys is as her name suggests. Sophronia (so fro nee ah) means self-controlled, Nepthys (nef this) means lady of the house.
View my complete profile

Blogs I Read